Just wanted to let you know that TOMORROW (i.e. Monday) is a special day for Angela Young for two reasons:
a) H—y B—-d-y!
b) The paperback release date for Speaking of Love has been brought forward, and can be bought tomorrow – this, you may recall, is the book which has a quotation from yours truly on the back cover. Very exciting, and I do encourage you to buy a copy, or twelve. Amazon still think that it’s not released until March, when I checked, but I’m sure you local independent bookshop would be happy to sell it to you, or order it for you.
The second thing today is a meme for which Margaret at Booksplease tagged me. Ten signs that would indicate a book had been written by me… well, I do harbour desires to be a novelist, and have ever since I gave up dreams of being a tea-lady. But how would you know it was my novel, just from an anonymous read?
1) not a drop of blood
2) no swear words
3) definitely no blasphemy
4) some quiet irony
5) female protagonist, with a middle-class English name. Think Laura or Rachel or Clarissa or… well, moving onto no.6, quite clearly:
6) influenced by Virginia Woolf in some (probably unfortunate) way
7) hidden quotations or references to favourite books/authors
8) about people and humanity, not Issues
9) none of the sentences will end with prepositions, and nobody will ever misuse the word “less”
10) probably quite short…