It’s been a while since we’ve had a little poll on Stuck-in-a-Book. In the past we’ve discovered that you prefer Jane Eyre to Wuthering Heights, Music to Art, and think that Charles Dickens and Thomas Hardy are absolutely neck and neck.
So what this time?
It’s a Jane Austen head-to-head. Pride and Prejudice vs. Persuasion. I know some people will have other favourites from the Austen canon, but these are the two I hear mentioned most often, and I’m intrigued as to which will come out on top.
– some new children’s books
– Hallucinating Foucault by Patricia Duncker
– Sex Education by Janni Visman
– Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
– Dreamers by Knut Hamsun
– They Came Like Swallows by William Maxwell
– Parents and Children by Ivy Compton-Burnett
Get voting on Austen, and do please tell me if there are any books in that list above that you’d particularly like to hear about first – supply and demand, doncha know!